Riff-n-Raffs-Ramblins

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Bet you thought I was gone forever!

Nope! Just busy designing but I finally found some time to scrap! We are going on vacation to Missouri next week, so I have been going through photos and getting excited for our trip. We are flying down for this trip and then driving down later for 2 weeks in June/July, and bringing Hank's new boat. He bought a $15,000 Nitro bass boat and trailer (***boys & their toys***). This boat has been his dream for a long time and I am so happy for him! The lake is less than a half mile drive to the boat ramp so we'll be out on the lake a lot! We have friends and relatives down there and it will be so nice to see everyone again.

This is one of my son and my sister Nancy down at the lake in Missouri last year. It was right after Dad passed away so both these LO's make me kind of sad - I still miss him so much. But I feel like his spirit is still with me and as hard as it is to travel back there, I feel as if I am closer to him there. Hard to explain, bit it feels as if it were meant to be.



Background is by Angie Miner - Timeless Beauty Papers.
Riveting Ribbons by Natalie Braxton (love these!)
Several blend modes used on photo layers.

Font is Al Professor.

Journaling Reads:

My sister Nancy does not get to travel much. She was so happy to find tiny shells
on the shores of the lake in Missouri. This is her and Henry. This was such a difficult
time for all of us. April 2006, Dad had just passed away and we were all in a kind of
emotional limbo. The pain of losing my father was very hard on all of us and I don’t
think it really hit Nancy until months later. It was especially hard for her - being
all on her own, Dad was her rock, her safe harbor, her light in the darkness. I know
he will always have a special place in her heart - a heart of gold.

This is just a photo of the windmill in the back yard, but it looked so pretty with the sun on it after a spring storm.

We live and work in Massachusetts, but we bought the property after my Dad passed away last year. I couldn't bear the thought of selling the place. I am so happy that we were able to buy it. I wish it was closer, it's such a long way to travel, but someday I hope we can move there permanently.





Background, Ribbons, Chain, Flower from Treasured Moments by Manuela Zimmermann - manudesigns.com
Grungy frame from Holly McCaig. Pewter Alpha and corner Flourish by Doris Castle.
Dragonfly is from Jen Wilson. Paint Smear is from Kathryn Balint.

Font is Al Professor.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cre8tvlyyrsGina said...

OMgoodness...Donna those LOs are soo beautful! But the journaling touched me to tears...as I too, know the pain of losing a loved one. {{{hugs}}}

10:18 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Had to come check out your blog too Donna, and guess what I think I was just here a few days ago!!! LOL~ Lovely layouts, you do such beautiful work! Wish I could share the lavender. Everyone's always asking me for starts from ours. They've been there for at least 9 years when we moved in and are so old that the core is one big woody stem, and I can't even divide it. It's there for life I think!

Have a good weekend, Amy C.

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home